Break A Leg

Wow. We are back. Winter is marching out, and we are marching in (again).

Some of us have families of our/their own. Yet others of us collaborators are going it solo-style. No matter how the auditory ambiance was, or not was, filled with the laughter of children, or lit by candlelight while listening to Nat King Cole, or The Beach Boys while writing, recording or thinking about Turn this Tide, we are grateful for the holiday break, and excited to spring forward. Not necessarily into, or not into, daylight savings time. I digress(?). 

Over this 'break,' wait, now that I'm writing about the 'break' I realize it wasn't really a break at all.

So forget it. We are still here! 

Let's talk Momentum. I know a previous post on this blog talked about Momentum but a conversation happened between myself and one of our collaborators about the recording I handed off to him. He is a visual artist, and filmmaker, and musician, plus. He is rolling along with his personal projects lately though we did talk, on the phone!, about Turn this Tide..."music is a hard thing." -he said to me. I agree. And, interestingly enough, one other collaborator has always said that "poetry is a hard sell." See? Momentum.

So what the heck are we thinking making an album of poetry and music? How deep is the ocean? Because the Wheel in the Sky, baby! (I have a renewed respect for Journey these days). Though there will be no cover song on this project's album. Again, sorry for the tangent!

Now,...I have no intention on making this post into a downer post. Basically, this project is a labor of love, it's art, there very well may be no explanation for that, ever.

Let me turn the tide of this post. Even though the creative process is more of a journey than a destination. Ok?

So, this is now a progress post. As with the "2 Tides To Every Story" post we have a audio double feature that is somehow a one shot, two part deal. Do you follow? 

Ok, phew! The following is the poem recording I sent one of our collaborators, soon this track will have a music component. But for now it just vibes with The Beach Boys song in the video below it. (as the collaborator pointed out to me during our phone conversation). Here we go...


I Will Seek Refuge With A Friend (vocal) - reading by Phillip J. Mellen, your blog author:

Sadly, the above player uses cookies, we don't like that...so if you know of a better host for audio please let us know! :) 


'Til I Die by The Beach Boys: 

 

What did you think the pairing?

........ 

Not to be too formal but here is the part of the blog post where I thank you for meandering through this latest project update! Do keep an ear out for more!

......

wade. dog paddle. take a break. turn the tide.

.........


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell Me The Collage Part Again

2 Tides to Every Story